SHOWNOTES: Episode 9: findCRA and First Western Trust-Partnering for Impact
CRA Podcast Episode: findCRA and First Western Trust-Partnering for Impact
This episode interviews findCRA Co-Founders, Ben Loehle and Brian Waters, and Ted Gerbick, Director of Marketing & Philanthropic Giving and Emily Gardner, Senior CRA Analyst of First Western Trust. Together we explore tools for modern day CRA programs, regulatory reform and philanthropic priorities during the pandemic. We end on a lighter note sharing our hopes for a fresh new year putting COVID behind us and looking forward to in-person convenings and more high impact community development work.
findCRA is a national software and CRA consulting company, supporting banks of all sizes in the smallest communities to the largest cities. findCRA’s software is designed with a “CRA first” approach to provide powerful data, search tools and support services that help banks research and connect with CRA-qualified nonprofits and better understand their communities. Learn more at www.findCRA.com
Links to findCRA’s Software Solutions:
First Western Trust
Our mission is to be the best private bank for the Western wealth management client and our integrated business model distinguishes us from other banks and non-bank financial services companies in the markets in which we operate. We believe that the “Western wealth management client” shares our entrepreneurial spirit and values our sophisticated, high-touch wealth management services that are tailored to meet their specific needs. https://myfw.com/
Community Involvement and Philanthropic Pillars
Ted Gerbick, Director of Marketing & Philanthropic Giving
Theodore joined First Western in April of 2019 as Director of Marketing. In this role, Theodore develops and delivers First Western’s strategy and approach for marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, and philanthropic giving activities. Theodore works directly with senior leaders across the organization to infuse everything First Western does with the promise of our brand for our clients, associates, and stakeholders.
Previously, Theodore served in leadership roles focused on strategy, marketing, analytics, and product management for KeyBank and CoBank, headquartered in Ohio and Colorado, respectively. Theodore brings with him nearly 20 years of working knowledge related to the development and marketing of payments, commercial card, cash management, and real estate services.
Credentials: BA, Marketing – Kent State University, MBA, Leadership and Business Management – Kent State University
Emily Gardner, Senior CRA Analyst
Emily joined First Western in June of 2017 and currently serves as CRA Analyst. In this role, Emily administers and oversees the daily operation of the Bank’s CRA program, maintains CRA documentation, and delivers organization-wide CRA training. Emily is also responsible for the preparation of analyses and reporting related to First Western’s CRA compliance and oversight committees.
Additionally, Emily works closely with other members of our CRA Committee and our associates to ensure that First Western continues to reach our CRA goals each year.
Prior to First Western, Emily successfully launched and owned a small online business, for which she was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year by the Young Americans Center for Financial Education.
Credentials: BS, Business Administration: Marketing and Information Management – University of Colorado
CRA Today and the CRA Hub
Linda Ezuka, Founder, CRA Today and the CRA Hub
The CRA Hub is a new way to connect and forge community development impact through our CRA programs. The CRA Hub is an exclusive membership for bank professionals to connect with fellow colleagues, find inspiration and master the art of the CRA.
No matter where you are on your CRA journey, the CRA Hub has something for you. This membership is for you if:
- you are new to CRA due to a promotion, new job or position or were never formally trained on CRA;
- you understand key CRA program elements and have navigated through your first CRA exam cycle and want to deepen your understanding of CRA best practices;
- you are making progress on the integrity of your bank’s CRA data collection, maintenance and/or reporting and want to ensure enhanced data integrity;
- you want to learn from experts about refreshing your CRA programs, and discover innovative programs to consider in your assessment areas;
- you are navigating CRA regulatory reform or you suspect reform is on the horizon;
- you want to vet an idea and discuss your approach to CRA decisions with CRA colleagues who understand the unique challenges in your programs; or
- you want to forge potential partnerships for impact in a broader regional area.
- CRA Podcast Episode: EBA Fund, converting the promise of entrepreneurship into assets that build economic inclusion and equity - February 19, 2021
- CRA Podcast Episode: findCRA and First Western Trust-Partnering for Impact - February 19, 2021
- CRA Podcast Episode: The CRA Files Replay: Demystifying Community Reinvestment - February 19, 2021