Community Reinvestment Act Training
An Interactive Training Experience
In the morning, we will start with an interactive exercise where we will collectively build a “Community Development Wall” throughout the day filled with industry best practices, aha moments, innovative solutions, and strategies to navigate regulatory change. We will compile and share this work as a follow up to the conference. Plus, you don’t miss the chance to win prizes!
CRA Training will also offer 6 CERP, CFMP, and CRCM credits!
Navigating Regulatory Changes & Community Development Investments
We’ll then explore the often misunderstood and complex aspects of community development investments, including elements like LIHTCs, MBs, NMTCs and how to properly “perfect” your back-up documentation for examiner review and scrutiny during CRA exams.
After lunch, we’ll dive into community development loans with your bank-specific questions with a facilitated and interactive discussion. You will have the opportunity to submit your most subjective and tricky community development loan scenarios in advance and have the opportunity to vet your approach during the live training discussion with feedback from your CRA peers.
Not Your Average Sit & Listen Conference
Throughout the day, you’ll have the opportunity to interact and apply concepts, as well as ask bank-specific questions through a variety of interactive segments. This is not your average sit and listen conference – come prepared to engage, learn, and grow!
Thanks for all you do Linda!
Thursday, october 5, 2023
To wrap up the day, we will outline strategies to address lending performance gaps, touching upon performance context, organic business development, and forging high-impact community partnerships. This session will show you exactly how to identify a lending gap, how to differentiate between internal and external solutions, and ultimately, how to stay ahead of the examiners to curate your CRA story of impact.
- Community Development Best Practices and CRA Regulatory Change Primer
- Kickstart your day with a deep dive into community development best practices. This session will be facilitated by Tracy Basinger, former Head of Bank Supervision of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and she will be joined by a few of her regulatory colleagues. We’ll unravel the proposed regulatory changes to the CRA and what we might expect going forward. We’ll focus on proactive strategies to ensure you’re well-prepared for your next CRA exam while waiting for the new regulations to be released. As we discuss how to build a strong compliance culture, attendees will gain insights into collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring seamless transitions between old and new regulations.
- Community Development Investment Identification and Documentation Standards
- It’s essential to have your backup documentation in perfect shape for CRA exam scrutiny. During this session, we’ll demystify the complexities of community development investments while looking at a real bank transaction case study. We’ll cover basic investments and more advanced concepts such as LIHTCs, EQ2s, MBS’, and NMTCs, plus delve into the intricacies of documentation standards. You’ll have a chance to work collectively with your peers and leave the session with more clarity on the often misunderstood aspects of community development investments.
- Community Development Loans Facilitated Q&A Sessios
- This session is all about YOUR questions and our collective answers! With a focus on community development loans, we’ll engage in a facilitated and interactive Q&A format. You’ll have the opportunity to submit your most challenging loan scenarios in advance, turning this into a live-action learning experience. Get real-time feedback from CRA peers, and together, we’ll work towards vetting and refining your approach to ensure CRA compliance and success.
- Lending Performance Gap Identification, Performance Context and Innovative Solutions
- End your day with a strategy-packed session that propels you into action. We’ll dissect lending performance gaps while offering clear strategies for identification and mitigation. This session delves deep into understanding performance context and the role of organic business development. More than just identification, we’ll also showcase innovative solutions, teaching attendees how to differentiate between internal and external solutions. By the end of this session, you’ll be armed with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of examiners and craft an impactful CRA narrative.
Thanks for all you do Linda!
Linda also hosts the CRA Podcast, a podcast to elevate conversations around the Community Reinvestment Act. She is the author of “Outstanding, a Practitioner’s Guide to CRA Exam Readiness.”
With over 29 years of community development experience, she has led CRA programs for large banks and has consulted with banks of all sizes and regulators.
She was previously Chairwoman for the Board for the YWCA of Oahu, Hospice Hawaii and HCRC. She has also served on various nonprofit boards, focusing her leadership efforts on serving CDFls and disadvantaged communities.
She is a CDFI NMTC and CDFI Reader, a Pacific Century Fellow, an SBA Financial Services Advocate of the Year Awardee, and a Pacific Business News 40 Under 40 Honoree.
CRA Today works with banks of all asset sizes across the nation. Here are a few…
Trusted by Banks of All Sizes and Regulators
$399 + tax per attendee
EVENT DATE – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2023
We hope there’s no need for you to cancel your registration for the CRA training, but should it be necessary, you can get a full refund up to 90 days before the conference. Just email our conference sponsor at email@example.com letting us know you’re unable to attend and we’ll issue you a refund.
Your registration is also transferable. If you can no longer attend the conference, feel free to send someone else on your team who would benefit from attending. We only ask that you let us know in advance.